Last year was a record-breaking year for ChaosSearch. In 2020, we tripled our customer base, increased revenue close to 8X, launched ChaosSearch 2.0 and ended the year with a $40 Million Series B financing round. What a year!!!
In 2021, we are building on this success. Our mission is to enable every organization to have fast and easy access to data. Our cloud-built Data Lake engine delivers instant elasticity and unlimited scale, secure data access and disruptive pricing for Log and BI analytics. We’re adding to our team in 2021 and the time to join couldn’t be better.
The DevOps Engineer is a member of our Engineering Platform team. At our current stage, the DevOps Engineer is a bit of a hybrid role. The primary responsibilities will be in building, testing, deploying and releasing software. Additionally, you will spend some time writing and improving code. Since this is a newer role, you can help us to further define the responsibilities. This is a rare opportunity to join a successful startup that is rapidly growing, agile, and cloud-native and devoted to customer engagement, innovation, and our team.
- Manage updates and releases of new code
- Build and set up new development tools and infrastructure
- Implement ways to automate and improve development processes
- Work with software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
- Review software scripts and look for ways to improve automation
- Research, architect and drive complex technical solutions, consisting of multiple technologies and cloud services
- Lead interactions with cross functional technical and business teams and varying levels of management
- Write solution specifications, diagrams, best practices/standards documentation, operating procedures, test plans/test reports, etc.
- Minimum 3 years of devops experience or experience in IT, system administration, or software development working with a range of software tools
- Experience with the following:
- Container concepts (Docker)
- Cloud technology (AWS, GCP)
- Deployment automation and orchestration
- CI/CD tools and techniques
- Source control
- Open Source (Terraform)
- Proficient with at least one programming language such as Python or Java for automation or integration with APIs
- Breath of knowledge on a variety of techniques and tools in the areas of build, test, deploy, and release
- Working knowledge of network protocols, Linux/Unix system internals and transport protocols
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven problem-solving skills
Pluses if you have or you’re willing to learn
- Side-scaled SaaS Applications
- React or Angular
- Highly distributed and multi-threaded software products or solutions; ideally in cloud environments (we anticipate our platform to actively manage hundreds of TBs of data per customer, so think scalability)
- Microservices architecture preferably in leading cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP)
Why join ChaosSearch
- You’ll work with a team of like-minded startup entrepreneurs and technologists with a mission to create something extraordinary through patented technology. ChaosSearch is looking for people who love working on wonderfully interesting and yet hard problems. And so, if you have a passion for cloud, databases, distributed systems, computer science, and of course customers, we are looking for you!
- Being a member of our Engineering team means you will have the opportunity to learn from our Founder, CTO, Thomas Hazel. Check out our Founders Story. Thomas has built an exceptional team of smart, fun engineers who will help you learn everything you need to know. If you interview with us, you’ll have a chance to meet Thomas.
- Our culture is best described in these four words: team, innovation, customers and fun. David Noblet, Co-Founder and Chief Architect describes the engineering team culture as a “we culture”. We rely on, learn from, and support each other.
- Our product has become instrumental for our customers. Customers such as HubSpot, Klarna, Blackboard and Alert Logic are using ChaosSearch to scale their log analytics workflows at disruptive economics.
- We offer competitive compensation, equity and a benefits package which includes unlimited vacation, Blue Cross Blue Shield for medical, Delta Dental for dental, and more.
At ChaosSearch, we are committed to building and fostering a culture where everyone feels included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to create a better experience for everyone. However you identify and whatever background you bring, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come to work each day.
Candidates interested in this position can learn more about ChaosSearch on our website here.