CHAOSSEARCH is a Boston-based, venture-backed, cloud data search and analytics company. We are located across the street from TD Garden — a 2-minute walk from North Station and the Orange Line.
CHAOSSEARCH is looking for a world-class technical Solutions Architect to be part of a team that is responsible for the technical deployments of CHAOSSEARCH proof-of-concepts and trials at our customers. The SA will work directly with customers, sales and the engineering and product teams to deploy CHAOSSEARCH. This person must be a self-starter and used to a fast-paced, fun, energetic environment and comfortable with dealing with ambiguity. This person must also have a passion to solve unique world-changing technology problems. The SA will be responsible for providing the technical expertise to make CHAOSSEARCH customers successful.
This person will have a broad range of skills and experience ranging from data architecture to search, security, performance analysis, and analytics, etc. He/she will have the insight to make the connection between a customer’s specific business problems and CHAOSSEARCH’S solution, the customer-facing skills to communicate that connection and vision to a wide variety of technical and executive audiences, and the technical skills to be able to not only build demos and execute proof-of-concepts but also to provide consultative assistance on architecture and implementation.
The person we’re looking for shares our passion about reinventing data access and thrives in a dynamic environment. That means having the flexibility and willingness to jump in and get done what needs to be done to make CHAOSSEARCH and our customers successful. It means keeping up to date on the ever-evolving technologies for search, data and analytics in order to be an authoritative resource for CHAOSSEARCH and customers. And it means working collaboratively with a broad range of people both inside and outside the company.
As a Solutions Architect At CHAOSSEARCH, You will
- Be a technical expert on all aspects of CHAOSSEARCH
- Deploy CHAOSSEARCH following best practices, including ensuring knowledge transfer so that customers are properly enabled and are able to extend the capabilities of CHAOSSEARCH on their own
- Work hands-on with customers to demonstrate and communicate implementation best practices on CHAOSSEARCH technology
- Maintain deep understanding of competitive and complementary technologies and vendors and how to position CHAOSSEARCH in relation to them
- Provide guidance on how to resolve customer-specific technical challenges
- Collaborate with Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing to continuously improve CHAOSSEARCH’s products and positioning
Our ideal Solution Architect will have
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with customers in a pre-sales or post-sales technical role
- University degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related fields, or equivalent experience
- Outstanding skills presenting to both technical and executive audiences, whether impromptu on a whiteboard or using presentations and demos
- Understanding of complete search and data analytics stack and workflow, from search to data platform design to BI and analytics tools
- Strong skills in databases, search, and data processing
- Extensive hands-on expertise with Elasticsearch, SQL and BI
- Experience and track record of success selling data and/or analytics software to enterprise customers; includes proven skills identifying key stakeholders, winning value propositions, and compelling events
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with large-scale database technology (e.g. Elasticsearch, Snowflake, Amazon Athena)
- Software development experience with C/C++ or Java
- Scripting experience with Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash.
- Ability and flexibility to travel to work with customers on-site
Bonus Points for Having
- Experience with non-relational platforms and tools for large-scale data processing (e.g. Hadoop, HBase)
- Familiarity and experience with common BI and data exploration tools (e.g. Kibana, Looker, Tableau)
- Experience and understanding of large-scale infrastructure-as-a-service platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, GCP, etc.)
- Experience implementing ETL pipelines using custom and packaged tools
- Experience using AWS services such as S3, Kinesis, Elastic MapReduce, Data pipeline
- Experience selling enterprise SaaS software
- Proven success at enterprise software.
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Stock options
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Employees with a wide variety of interests
Candidates interested in this position can learn more about CHAOSSEARCH on our website here.