Do you have prior software engineering experience? Enjoy interacting with prospects and customers? Want to help customers overcome technical challenges and improve their business? We’re building our Sales Engineering team and looking for great people to be technical liaisons to our Sales team. You will be helping us to introduce the ChaosSearch service for historical log and event and analytics to prospects, knocking down the technical barriers to adoption of the ChaosSearch service, and helping solve customers’ critical business issues.
- Support the technical needs of customers and resolve technical issues, along with engaging them on any additional issues, problems, or opportunities regarding the ChaosSearch service.
- Develop a deep understanding of the ChaosSearch service and technology, and work closely with Engineering and Sales to resolve critical technical issues.
- Together with the ChaosSearch Sales Team, prepare and present the ChaosSearch service and address any technical questions or concerns that come up during the sales cycle.
- May include travel to clients and potential client sites, hosting remote meetings, and serving as the a technical interface with customers.
- Support broader Sales and Marketing efforts including content creation, webinar presentations, trade show participation, and general technical support.
- Experience as a Software Engineer
- 4+ years as a Sales Engineer/Solutions Architect
- Solid understanding of AWS data products (S3, Aurora, Elasticsearch, Redshift, Athena)
- Understanding of Open Source Technology and knowledge/proficiency in at least one programming language
- Understanding of log management systems, preferably the ELK stack and Elasticsearch
- Knowledge and understanding of distributed systems architectures
- Great presentation skills with the ability to speak in front of audiences both large and small
- Knowledge of Information Retrieval and/or Analytics domain
- Understanding of Linux, Java, and databases
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Stock options
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Employees with a wide variety of interests
Candidates interested in this position can learn more about ChaosSearch on our website here.