UX/UI Software Engineer
CHAOSSEARCH is a Boston-based, venture-backed, cloud data search and analytics company. We are located across the street from TD Garden — a 60 second walk from North Station and the Orange Line.
CHAOSSEARCH is looking for someone who is an expert in UI design, UX design, and front-end development to join our growing company. You will be a natural at understanding human-computer interaction design (HCID), in coming up with elegant solutions to improve our application.
This position reports to the Chief Technical Officer.
You are a quick study who is passionate about your craft, loves tackling hard problems and instinctively seizes opportunities by constantly bringing the team new ideas on how to build the brand image and improve the performance of existing digital assets. You don’t accept the status quo and your diverse experience in developing, designing and evolving complex initiatives in b2b technology environments helps you create truly unique and unforgettable digital experiences that drive breakthrough campaign performance. You thrive in a fast paced environment, require little ongoing direction and are ready to take on the opportunity of a lifetime to bring a disruptive SaaS solution to a traditionally incremental industry, all while building a billion-dollar company in the process.
- Collaborate with the Management, Product Management, Architects, and existing Engineering teams to design, develop, and publish software supporting a highly available, fault-tolerant SaaS platform.
- Produce high quality and well-documented code in an automated CI/CD and Test environment.
- Participate in all phases of the software development cycle as part of a Scrum team.
- Work in multi-functional agile teams to regularly experiment, iterate, and deliver on new product objectives with an end-to-end responsibility for your team’s goals.
- Obsess over QUALITY in the product you create and the code you write.
- Mentor junior members of the team to help them develop into world-class software engineers.
- Have the opportunity to contribute to a game-changing SaaS analytics business, become an expert in Cloud Computing, and learn and work with technologies such as Java/Scala/Python.
- Develop and foster a DevOps mentality (or experience) taking full ownership for your features from inception to deployment and beyond, automating as much as possible along the way.
- Although you specialize in middle-tier and backend, you are still capable of contributing as a full stack developer.
- Advance your technical and interpersonal skills in an environment that looks to expand them.
- Contribute to relevant open source projects.
- 2+ years’ experience as a UI/UX designer.
- A desire to work in an environment where you will both teach and be taught
- An understanding of team and individual goals; motivation to accomplish them
- Strong programming knowledge; you could or have thrived in a polyglot environment. If you’re interested in learning, we’re interested in teaching you
- Affection for true agile development delivery and understanding of its importance in creating the most effective product
- Expert knowledge of CSS, CSS extension languages (Less, Sass), and CSS preprocessor tools.
- Expert knowledge of HTML5 and its best practices.
- Proficiency in designing interfaces and building clickable prototypes using .
- A history of deconstructing user behavior to create an improved experience for users, showcased in the form of blog posts, articles, screencasts, etc.
- Proficiency using Git version control.
- Proficiency using the command line.
- A sense of humor (non-negotiable). We work too hard to not have fun and celebrate individual/team/company accomplishments (Not a skill, but very important)
Proficient / Willing To Learn
- Side-scaled SaaS Applications
- React or Angular
- Highly distributed and multi-threaded software products or solutions; ideally in cloud environments (we anticipate our platform to actively manage hundreds of TBs of data per customer, so think scalability)
- Microservices architecture preferably in leading cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Stock options
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Employees with a wide variety of interests