ChaosSearch is a Boston-based, venture-backed, cloud data search and analytics company. We are located across the street from TD Garden — a 60 second walk from North Station and the Orange Line.
ChaosSearch is looking for a talented and seasoned visual designer to lead the charge in shaping our brand across our digital efforts, including website, email, ads, social media, presentations, other pieces of collateral, and events. We need someone who can make Chaos stand out from the crowd, while still presenting us as a professional, enterprise, B2B organization.
This position reports to the Chief Marketing Officer.
As our visual designer, your responsibilities will include areas of design such as typography, iconography, color, space and texture. You will use your knowledge, expertise and skills in all these fields to help our users successfully navigate and become comfortable with our products.
More responsibilities in detail:
- Present the user-interface visually so that information is easy to read, easy to understand and easy to find.
- Prepare work by gathering information and materials.
- Generate clear ideas, concepts and designs of creative assets from beginning to end.
- Work collaboratively with other designers to ensure a consistent, integrated brand perception and user-experience.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team that includes sales, marketing, engineering and our executive team.
- Translate customer business requirements, user needs, technical requirements into designs that are visually enticing, easy to use, and emotionally engaging.
- Staying in the loop and on top of the latest standards, changes, and visual design trends.
- Interpreting storyboards to tell visual stories that support learning.
- A minimum of four years of professional experience in designing B2B brand identities, grid systems, editorial layouts and applications for web, desktop and mobile.
- The ability to refine other people’s ideas and come up with new ones to create a well designed visual experience.
- Well organized, responsible and dedicated, with the ability to work on multiple projects and deliver refined designs in a short time.
- Self-motivated - able to take the ball and run with it, bringing ideas to the team and iterating quickly.
- Proven ability delivering high quality designs to customers.
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign and Sketch.
- Expert level skills in Photoshop, InvisionApp, UXPin and other relevant design tools.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience in the graphic design field.
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Stock options
- Catered lunches
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Employees with a wide variety of interests
Candidates interested in this position can learn more about ChaosSearch on our website here.