CHAOSSEARCH is a Boston-based, venture-backed, cloud data search and analytics company. We are located across the street from TD Garden — a 60 second walk from North Station and the Orange Line.
Our teams at CHAOSSEARCH are fast-paced, breed ambition, challenge ordinary thinking, push the pace of innovation, all with a goal of building a truly disruptive data platform. CHAOSSEARCH is growing fast and we’re looking for a Director of Product Management. We are passionate about our people, about data, innovation, our values and culture. We’re looking for someone with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future.
CHAOSSEARCH started with a clear vision: build a disruptive data platform on cloud storage that re-defines data access. Existing data platforms are siloed and broken, and customers struggle with cost, complexity, data movement and scale. CHAOSSEARCH has developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that includes a revolutionary multi-model data index that supports both Search and SQL, a distributed data fabric that separates storage from compute, all based on scalable and secure cloud storage.
We are looking for a talented Director of Product Management to join our Engineering team in Boston. The Director of Product Management will oversee the product functionality and design for our flexible, scalable, and easy-to-use cloud data platform. We need someone who has the breadth of skills and experience that will make our product loved by customers - someone who can develop a deep understanding of the CHAOSSEARCH architecture and product, a deep empathy for customers and a clear vision of how the product should evolve. Specifically, the person hired for this role will be a key figure in driving key strategic efforts related to Multi API support and Multi-Cloud support.
As The Product Manager, you will;
- Define and evolve the picture of success for one or more key areas of the CHAOSSEARCH platform.
- Work in a cross functional and collaborative role spanning product, design, development, QA, marketing, sales and support as well as our business partners.
- Collaborate across the PM and Engineering organization to help drive buy-in and agreement on the product.
- Manage programs and structured projects related to the design and delivery of engineering efforts.
- Manage customer preview programs and engage in frequent conversations with customers both onsite and in customer offices to understand their needs, listen to their feedback, and determine the usability of the product which will influence the product roadmap and feature design.
- Help coordinate project execution across feature teams.
- Own end to end projects related to customer scenarios, product requirements, priorities, customer previews, and product/feature evangelism.
- Leverage data to help find the best solution to our complex problems.
- The ability to grasp the breadth of the CHAOSSEARCH platform and at the same time, dive down to the detailed level of a specific feature.
- Prior experience executing a vision from start to finish in the past, with an ability to take a one-word, or one-sentence, product vision and expound on it to drive a product roadmap.
- Proven expertise understanding the voice of the customer and partnering across engineering, marketing, and sales to deliver compelling products that meet those customers needs.
- Decisive and detailed oriented personality, and ready and willing to stand by their decisions.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment that comes with being part of an innovative startup from its early days. That means flexibility and willingness to jump in and do whatever it takes to be successful.
- 5-7 years of experience in software development or product management.
- Deep understanding in the area of Search, Big Data analytics, Data warehouse and/or cloud technologies.
- Direct experience with Elasticsearch, SQL, Hadoop is a big plus!
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar
This position is located at CHAOSSEARCH offices in Boston, MA. CHAOSSEARCH does sponsor employees requiring a Visa. CHAOSSEARCH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Stock options
- Catered lunches
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Employees with a wide variety of interests
Candidates interested in this position can learn more about CHAOSSEARCH on our website here.