ChaosSearch commissioned a survey of 1,020 U.S. IT professionals on data retention, data usage, and investments in data lake and cloud data platforms. The findings show that IT talent may be wasted on moving, migrating, pipelining, and transforming data—a process that can, and should, be automated to enable faster, more insightful analytics.
Key findings of the survey indicate:
- Data lake investment is on the rise.
- Respondents would prioritize investing in technology above investing in people to solve analytics challenges.
- IT talent is wasted on data prep.
- Traditional cloud data platforms require too much data transformation upfront. However, some platforms are helping to expedite data analysis.
- There’s a disconnect on whether organizations are using all of the data available to them.
- There is very little consistency in log data retention.
- Many businesses aren’t saving enough log data to be useful in analyzing and preventing cyber security breaches.
To receive your complimentary copy of the survey results report as soon as it's available (January 2022), fill out this short form.